Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Back from 40th IChO, Budapest

Hi all!

I just got back from the 40th IChO held in Budapest.

It was a blast, really fun, and I'll share with you all during the Chem O training.

I also bring good news (I guess most of you know it already)

Singapore scored 1 gold, 1 silver, 2 bronzes during the IChO.

The gold and silver comes from RJC. (bronzes from NUS high)

Gold - Yeong Li Qian
He also topped the theory paper (beating the russians, PRCs, koreans etc etc!!!) and is ranked overall world number 2 for this IChO

Silver - Wang Yong Jin
Ranked overall no 41. nearly gold since that starts at rank 30.

You can check the actual results (along with percentage scores up to 4 dps!!) for them at
http://www.icho.hu/Files/40thIChO_list.pdf

and also download all the tasks, questions, answers, and publications at
www.icho.hu


Well done RJC!

In the meantime here's some admin:

1) If you don't already know, I've uploaded the notes to week 4 (just before I left on 11 July)
2) I will upload the notes for this week by today. (I just came back!! so this is ASAP already)

Cheers!

No comments: